Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Oops I wrote this a while ago and realized I didn't post it. We had a fun Mother's Day. It started with Dave getting up with Clay so I could sleep in, ahahhhhhh. I still can't believe 7:30 is sleeping in. After a little breakfast we went to church then picked up sandwiches for a hike at Paramount Ranch.





This is a former movie set with a replica western town. It's so cool and it's hidden by trees from the road so we've driven past it a bunch of times but this was the first time we stopped.




Our hike started with an encounter with a rattle snake so we picked a different path. The day before, Clay and I were out for a walk on our greenbelt and a snake came slithering across our path. Yuck, two for two - not good.


Clay thought it was pretty cool .



Some people on horseback came riding through the town which really gave it some authenticity.

I could picture a shootout in front of this building. Most of the movies that were filmed here were from the 20's and 30's but the most recent use was by Doctor Quinn Medicine Woman. I can't say I watched even one episode of that one.


The horse trailer was parked right next to our car. Clay was able to get up close to a horse for the first time. It's not quite Bo Bear and he was a little apprehensive because of the horse's size but he really liked petting his nose. Lots of squeals = 'I'm having fun' or 'I really like that'.

No comments: