Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Biggest Loser

We just got finished watching The Biggest Loser on Tivo from Tuesday night. I've been following this show and the contestants from the beginning.We were tipped off from a guy at church who works for 24 Hour Fitness that the ranch is not far from here, it is just over in Calabasas and it's open to the public. Dave and I drove over and trolled the campus even right up to the gym where they all work out. I was disappointed we didn't catch a glimpse of anyone but I've had a big year: Seeing Oprah at Costco then meeting Martha for a milli-second at Borders. That's good enough for one year. Dave asked me who would make it a trifecta and I think The Biggest Loser folks would be it. Well, that or Alton Brown. This week the contestants' big challenge was to run a marathon. The opening shot of the starting line looked slightly familiar. The host said they'd be going through canyons and farm land. The next shot was of a road that looked very familiar. They were going through Hidden Valley -- OMG they were right by our house! Within a mile, just out in the open for all to see and I MISSED IT! I was so disappointed but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I am hoping to run into that guy at church and see what the odds would be to get tickets to the live season finale but I shouldn't press my luck... wait, what luck?

Here's a link to the photos in case you have absolutely nothing to do and want to see what I'm talking about:
http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/photos/gallery#item=71452

That reminds me, last week my friend Tara was in town for just one day. I went down to see her at her swank hotel in Beverly Hills and she said Alton Brown was there the day before. I think I need one more just-missed star sighting before my luck will turn up.

1 comment:

lhassler said...

Dude! I've totally watched it faithfully too. When we saw the route for the marathon, we couldn't believe how close it was. So much fun!