With the doctor's ok to start solids, we didn't see any of the signs that Clay was all that ready but I figured we'd give it a shot to see what happens in case he surprised us. Clay wasn't grabbing at my fork at mealtimes or waking up many times throughout the night, but he was over 14 lbs., he could hold his head up, drink 32 oz. in a day and turn away from his bottle when he was done. So we gave it a go...

We're ready!

The first bite.

Down the hatch.

The second try (notice the first bite hanging out on his chin).
Alas... no success, the tongue thrust reflex is still fully engaged and Clay pushed the rice cereal out. I think we'll wait a little while on this one but it was fun to try.
Meanwhile, Bo converts the exersaucer into his own personal Kitty Cabana.
2 comments:
We've had so many "false starts" with solid foods that I think I eventually lost count! And despite pediatricians recommending the early start, I have found more and more moms who waited until later. Now that Andrew is 6-months old, things finally seem to be going better. So Clay has plenty of time to figure things out....
Hey FTM!
Can you believe how much our babies are changing and growing? Heck, can you believe that we're moms!? It's amazing to see and to experience.
Better luck next time on the solid foods...no hurry, right?
Love,
Susy
Post a Comment