Every other Tuesday Calvary Community Church in Westlake has a MOPS group. It’s about 50 women who have children of various ages and it gives us all a chance to feel like we’re not going it alone. Childcare is provided but I take Clay in with me because he’s so young. This week they took a moment out to remember a Mentor Mom named Jan. Jan has grown kid of her own but volunteered with the MOPS group providing support from holding fussy babies to praying for moms who especially needed it. Jan lost her battle with breast cancer last week. With her photo up and a sad song playing, the leader of the group recounted all the ways Jan has been impactful. When the leader was done and the music was over, she asked if there was anyone else who wanted to share any thoughts about Jan. After a brief moment of silence Clay released one of the most guttural burps I’ve ever heard him produce. Every eye in the room turned toward us and I’m sure I turned completely red. My eyes spontaneously filled with tear from the shear embarrassment just as everyone burst into laughter.
The next day Clay and I went to Mothers & Others at Bel Air Presbyterian. I saw next to my friend Lindsey and her daughter Katherine who’s just two days older than Clay. We put the babies on our laps to face each other. Lindsey asked Clay what he thought about meeting Katherine and with a dead-pan face he let out another burp. He’s such a boy!
The next day Clay and I went to Mothers & Others at Bel Air Presbyterian. I saw next to my friend Lindsey and her daughter Katherine who’s just two days older than Clay. We put the babies on our laps to face each other. Lindsey asked Clay what he thought about meeting Katherine and with a dead-pan face he let out another burp. He’s such a boy!
Here's Clay with a couple of the other moms and babies at the playgroup I meet at the lake.



No comments:
Post a Comment