Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Four Months!

It's been too long since my last post! Ironically that post was about becoming a SAHM and I have not really had too much extra time to sit down at the computer. I'm certainly not complaining and happy so far with my 'new job' as around-the-clock as it may be. Clay turn 4 months old last Saturday and with it we have seen a couple of milestones - He's discovered his feet, he's now sucking his thumb, he can blow raspberries and he is getting on a schedule of sorts (I still use that term loosely), he sometime even falls asleep on his own! I probably just jinxed that one by including it - Ha!



At his 4 month well-baby check up on Monday much to my amazement Clay turned from his back to his tummy for the first time just as the doctor was walking in the room. I couldn't believe it, it was such a fluke and of course he hasn't done it since but it certainly was a proud moment for me. The doctor said we could start solids, starting with rice cereal. The cats are still terrified of Clay, Bo continues to try and get as much attention as possible and Colorado only wants attention when I'm feeding Clay. She crawls up on my lap so at times I have a baby and a cat on my lap together.


We took a mini vacation to Carlsbad (San Diego) to see our friends the Bantz's before they move to Guam. We stayed in a hotel for the first time with Clay, I guess it was our first official family vacation. Coincidentally, Legoland was right next door so I don't think it will be the last time we'll visit. It went really well especially since the bathroom was big and warm enough for Clay's PacNPlay and he could have his own room. Who knew babies were so noisy when they sleep?!

I can't wait to see how solid foods go, I'm sure we'll get some great pictures from that experience. Other than that, there's nothing new at the Collins' House, we're excited to pick up Grandma at the train station this afternoon and possibly get out for a date!

No comments: