Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

FTM

Last week was my first full week as an FTM - Full Time Mom. On Monday, Dave marked the occasion by handing me a 'Welcome to your retirement' greeting card. I'm glad he has such a good sense of humor. I hardly feel retired, my work has changed from a 40-hour week to a round-the-clock kind of schedule.
Luckily, it's a schedule that allows for some play dates. Here's a snapshot from a recent one with some friends from our childbirth class.
This is Selah with Clay, they were born two weeks apart. It was really cute how they were checking each other out. It seemed like they could sense they were the same kind. Clay smiled at Selah and she checked him out in return.

Today we didn't have any plans so Clay and I went on a little adventure to the beach. I packed a lunch and we headed over the hill to Malibu to Westward Beach. I noticed a couple other moms with their babies there as well, it seems to be a popular spot to get out of the house. I set up our tent and set Clay up in the shade, he seemed to really enjoy the ocean breeze. It was a beautiful day, not too hot and a few clouds to filter the sun.








When Dave got home he made Yellow Dinner, MacNCheese, for dinner. It was a good day.

3 comments:

lhassler said...

He is SOOOOOO handsome. Seriously cute. Those EYES. That SKIN! Ah. Heartbreaker.

Tracey Parsons said...

Welcome to the club!

Anonymous said...

OMG! You are lucky to be a FTM. I am struggling a little bit with going back to work this week. Fortunately, Little Viv has gotten down a good naptime routine during the day and we have family and Ben taking care of her; we didn't need Kindercare after all! Congrats on your "retirement".