Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Another First!

I can't say that I've actually ever seen a smile this big on Clay's face before. Today was his first ride in the DeLorean since he was just a few months old. Dave took him to a gathering of mega super cars in Woodland Hills this morning. 
We woke him up early and he hopped to the car so excited about getting to 'dave' it, (the way he says drive sounds a lot like 'dave'). When he heard the engine rev he held his hand up and said 'go fast, Dada, GO FAST!' That's our boy. I suppose we should get prepared to fight a lot of traffic tickets. When he looked at the Lamborghinis he pointed out the 'horsies' on the front.

On other days Bo Bear still makes a good pillow. For the past few weeks I've been waking up to 'Mom... Mom? Get up! Open the door!' Each morning Bo escorts me into Clay's room to wake him up.

I found Clay sitting in his box of toys looking at a book.


On Saturday, August 21st we celebrated our sixth anniversary at The Sidecar Restaurant in Ventura. It's part of a 1910 Pullman's car, the food was great and we walked around Main Street afterward.

At 38 and a half weeks, ready to go! This little guy is kicking and stretching trying to find his way out. Only three more days and I know they'll go quickly. I feel like I've been pregnant forever and actually I have been for all of 2010. I'm ready to get through the first six weeks of having a newborn and getting adjusted to our new family. Each thing we do to prepare for our second son brings it more into reality for me. Today Dave moved Clay's car seat over in my car and installed the infant seat. That really made it hit home - how am I going to get around with two boys? Somehow I'll figure it out.

Wow, Clay was so much higher than number two. What a difference two years makes. It's hard to believe that after I took this picture I was pregnant for almost four more weeks. I don't think I would be able to handle that now! The other day I was talking to a mom at the playground who had an 11 pound baby, it was the biggest the hospital had ever seen. I don't have any goals of breaking any records but I'll be interested to see if this one is more than 9 lbs. 10 oz.

No comments: