Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Touch-a-Truck

Last Saturday was our first time at the Touch-a-Truck event in Thousand Oaks. I had heard about it before but last year it didn't seem to make sense to bring a one-year-old. I'm glad we waited because Clay was really into it. The day started off at the car wash where Clay LOVES to see the cars go through the washer and rinser. Then we stopped for donuts at Buddha Donuts (it's really called something else but there's a giant Buddha inside, hence the name). Clay eats off just the sprinkles. Touch-a-Truck started at 10:00 am but I knew the crowds would be big so we got there at 9:30 and I'm glad we did because the Sheriff's helicopter landed in the field at 9:45. It was very cool to see. If I knew how to upload video to Blogger I would, anyone who is reading this who knows, please leave directions in the Comment section.

Dave and I tag-teamed. I stood in line while he took Clay around to see everything. Clay got to operate a bulldozer. He lifted the front scoop 'up, up, up', turned the wheel and made it go 'down, down, down' again. I have video of that as well but.. see above.
It is so much fun watching your child get to do something he loves!

The Fire Department's Search & Rescue Team were there with all their equipment and Clay handled each tool. He liked the hatchet and the chainsaw.


Shooting a fireman's hose!

Dave & Clay got to sit in the Sheriff's helicopter. Clay kept pulling at the skid to try to get it to go 'up, up, up'.  

The last thing we went to see was the garbage truck, Clay's favorite. Coincidentally our driver, Fernando, was at the truck and he recognized Clay. This morning we were out at 7:30 to see all three trucks pick up and Fernando stopped his truck to give Clay a miniature green garbage can. This was the best gift! Clay walks around all day long with the smaller yellow one from his toy garbage truck. This green one is double the side, way cooler and currently in Clay's bed with him while he takes a nap.

1 comment:

lhassler said...

That's the cutest thing I've ever heard! OK, video. First, upload it to your computer. Blogger does seem to have a size limiter though, so make sure you haven't exceeded that. Otherwise, just upload it like you would a picture, using the icons at the top of your entry page. It might take forever. Conversely, you can upload it to YouTube and then import it to Blogger from there. You'll need a YouTube account though.