Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

98 days

I thought I was at 25 weeks this week but thanks to the weekly Baby Center updates I'm already at 26. That's what happens when you have a toddler, can't sleep soundly for lack of comfort and forget what day it is anyway. I get on Dave for dropping his WSJ right on my 'desk' - the kitchen counter - but I should be thanking him because at least I would have a reference for what day of the week it is based on the paper's masthead.

What really surprised me was that Baby Center also informed me that we have 98 days to go - We've gone from triple digits to double digits. How did that happen? At least nesting is full speed ahead. I have dumped the contents of our hall closet onto the kitchen table and most of it is back in its proper places. The infant toys have been separated from Clay's big boy toys and the work continues on emptying out the new baby's room because until now it has been a catch-all/office. We are working on getting a gardner and I am waiting for a call back from our old housekeeper. After that - fumigating, installing smoke detectors, moving furniture and tracking down a BOB Revolution Dualie for a resonable price. Anyone have a free weekend?

 Meanwhile, we are having a blast with Clay. I really like age two... he's speaking more each week, he can count almost to 20! He did go through a week where his only response was 'no' but it passed.  Now I just have to say 'use your manners' and he knows when to say please and thank you. Anything he really likes is a Da-da shirt or a da-da car.

This was our last week of our baby class at his preschool. At the end Clay went up and huged his teacher and I think he felt like spreading the love because then he went up to Kessie, one of the other moms, and kissed her on the lips.

People have been asking if he is aware that there is a baby coming and at first I really wasn't quite sure. When I said 'baby' and pointed to my belly at first he would attempt to kick it. Now he points to his own belly and says baby so we go with "Clay's having a baby"!  Still no name yet for Nutter Butter. This is so not like us!

A few weeks ago we went to Clay's cousin Elizabeth's seventh birthday party complete with two ponies. Clay clutched his helicopter in one hand and held on with the other. I took about 25 photos to get this one good one.

1 comment:

lhassler said...

I'd give almost anything for a gardener and a housekeeper. That sounds like a beautiful luxury.