Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Dinner with Martha
This time I didn't have to wait in line for two hours and buy a book to see Martha for 30 seconds. One of the lovely perks of Dave's job is that people want him to advertise with their network or specifically their programs. That's what brought Martha to the Montage Beverly Hills to host a lovely sit-down dinner and presentation on all the reasons why advertisers would want to throw their money her way. The venue was awesome. It felt like a really nice wedding. The food was great -- a spinsch salad, choice of halibut or beef, chocolate and fruit tart for dessert. All the big wigs from MSLO (Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia) were there and spoke. My favorite - Darcy, the MS Weddings head-honcho. The weirdest part was when they described their audience, it was me. I'm on her site practically every day looking up recipes - I just made her espresso cupcakes and they are awesome!!! Her target audience like to entertain, loves to make holidays special, cooks, crafts, loves their families and their pets. Don't I look like I could be Martha's neice, she is Polish. Perhaps we're related some where back in the 'old country'. Also pictured is Molly who works for the media company who handles Dave's projects. After taking this picture, Martha was actually really gracious and seemed very warm (not like on her show), we got a cool goodey back with a 'scrap box' in it - sort of like a scrap book but in a box frame to hang on the wall. I guess I'll get to that at some point. Well Martha...until we meet again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment