Thursday, February 4, 2010
In a Hurry
On the plus side, Clay is sleeping in. Typically he wakes up around 7:00 am but the drawback is that it is a push to get both of us ready and out the door to get anywhere by 8:30 or 9:00. Last week I was trying to get to our MOPS group on time (for once) so I brought Clayton into the shower with me. He loves the water and it was so helpful to drain the little bit of sniffles he had. After the shower I got him toweled off and set him on the bathmat for his next favorite thing - running around the house naked. I figured what could happen in just a minute or two? A lot. I found him in the kitchen, thankfully, and he was standing still. Usually he's running away from me. I put one hand under his shoulder and the other hand around his bottom... and guess what was in my hand? In my haste I hadn't noticed he had been 'busy'. UGH! I couldn't believe it. I tried to keep my calm but I was squeeling inside as I got Clayton to the toilet. I put him on it and he was so confused, it was so foreign. Deep breadth. I cleaned him up and I washed my hands several times. If mothers had badges like the Boy Scouts, I just earned the 'catch a poop in your hand' badge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment