Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

One Year Check-Up

I took Clay to his one year check-up today and he's coming right along in all aspects -- 21.5 lbs (20%ile ), length is 31 inches (10 inches in a year! Wow! 50%ile) and his head is in the 70%ile. I've had to learn how to pick Clay up the right way and my lower back really really wants me to bend my knees. I just cleaned out Clay's closet and extracted the 6-12 month sizes which it seems he wore for just a second. I threw the empty formula can in the recycle bin this morning and packed away the bottle - AAHHHH what a freeing feeling! Don't get me wrong, I love every stage that Clay goes through but now that we're not spending $25 a week on formula maybe Dave and I can go on dates again.

Clay is now taking an extra long nap because he got a TB test and two vaccines. When the nurse came in with the syringes on the tray Clay looked at it and groaned -- I couldn't believe he knew! He was a champ and after the initial shock he let out a big cry. He looked at the nurse like 'how could you do this to me and why are you smiling at me now?!'. Once I put him in the toy boat in the waiting room he was happy again. Our next check up is at 15 months when he'll get his first MMR, the suspected vaccine linked to autism. I recently read and interesting article in the LA Times on the alleged link.


This is a cute clip of Clay giving Bo a hug.

No comments: