Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 16, 2009

Today's Highlights

Dave and I settled in about 10 pm last night. He quickly fell asleep but I wasn't so lucky -- I heard what sounded like fireworks going off next to our house! I went outside and could hear a group of teenage guys just on the other side of our fence on the greenbelt. There were some kids playing with fireworks in the street about a week ago (they're completely illegal in Ventura County by the way) and these must've been the same ones. I wasn't about to go out in my robe and politely ask them to go home especially since D & I were out there last Fourth of July setting off our own! So I got out my camera, held it over the fence and let the flash do the work for me. After the first flash I knew I got their attention and I didn't stick around after the second flash. If they're foolish enough to set off fireworks at 10pm on a Sunday night... but I didn't hear a peep the rest of the night. My photo however just shows the faint glimmer of a bottle rocket - Ha!



Clay woke bright and early today at 6:30. I saved a box from Costco for him to play with. He sat at it like a desk for a while, then he pounded on it with the wooden spoon. After that he crawled inside and Bo joined him for a little while.

When I got the camera out he was ready to move on to the next thing!



All the rain has been really nice.

Our creek is usually dry but it's roaring now!


It rained all morning and we got a break at noon. Here are the next set of clouds coming. We headed back inside!

No comments: