Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Update on Baby Collins

You're probably wondering where he is...?! We're learning that babies have no concept of time nor their parent's anxiousness to meet them.

We went in Thursday night and got hooked up to the fetal monitor. The great news is that the baby is thriving and doing really well - His heart rate is great. When we got there he was in sort of a sleep state and the nurse needed to check his activity so she had me drink some orange juice. Within about 60 seconds he was active! It was so fascinating to see how quickly he responded to the orange juice I drank. They started the induction process but by the morning there was little change, I didn't respond at all to the Cervadil. At that point our doctor ok'd us to wait it out at home since I was only at 41 weeks and the baby was doing fine (full term is 40 weeks and generally babies don't do as well past 42 weeks).

I still haven't gone into labor on my own so tomorrow evening (Monday) we start the process again. This time we're going all the way! We are sssoooo ready for this kid to arrive, I can't emphasize that enough. We've seen just about every movie out in the theaters AND on DVD. I feel fully rested and our home project to-do list is virtually down to zero!

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying this cool holiday weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart is with you. I hope nature will kick in tomorrow and allow you to meet your son very soon!