Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 22, 2008

41 Weeks

Still no signs of labor! Marty's been in the womb 41 weeks and he's still high. I hear that it's pretty common for first babies to be late, however after 41 weeks the stillborn rate doubles and waiting another week will only mean he's going to get bigger. Many people opt to wait but for us it makes sense to us to start the induction process. Tonight we'll go out for our last dinner sans babysitter and check in to the hospital to get things rolling! It's hard to say how long it will take or how long we'll be there but we're taking the laptop and will send updates as we are able. Please pray that everything goes smoothly. Dave and I are both really ready and excited about meeting our little boy. I'm especially excited because I've passed just being uncomfortable and it's even more difficult to get around. I went out to run an errand yesterday after my doctor's appointment and two different strangers asked me if I was having twins! Nope, just one overdue baby. Even more people told me I looked like I was 'about to pop'. Thanks for all your calls and emails. If there's nothing new posted here you can assume nothing has changed. We're just waiting for baby!!!

No comments: