Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ventura County Fair

Today was the first day of the Ventura County Fair. I had so much fun taking Clay because I had such good memories of the Big Fresno Fair when I was little. It seems like one of the best parts of parenting is getting to take your child to do and see the things you loved as child. Clay is in front of the merry-go-round -- They had lots of rides for kids in the next couple of years he'll be big enough to go on them.

Along with the rides there was a petting zoo where we looked at goats, llamas, sheep, deer and even a kangaroo. We also checked out the livestock show with rabbits, sheep and goats. The only thing that I looked for and didn't find was the giant produce exhibit that I remember from Fresno. Giant 100-lb. pumpkins, 50-lb. cucumbers, giant squash -- I guess they only do that in Fresno.

We had a fun day and here's Clay dancing with the kangaroo... To see the whole album go to click here.



No comments: