Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 20, 2009

Martha

In the last post about Easter I included a picture of an egg tree which was just one of many ideas I've gotten from Martha Stewart's show and website. Clay's afternoon nap coincides with her show and I'm hooked. Last week I was on her site and noticed that she was going to be in LA signing her latest book Encyclopedia of Crafts.
Dave looked after Clay for the afternoon while I shot over to Borders and waited for two hours to meet Martha and it was totally worth it. The store handled it really well. When I bought the book they gave me a green wrist band and they called up groups by color so I was able to roam around until my group was called. After two hours I have to admit it was a little anti-climactic when my interaction with Martha lasted less than 30 seconds.
I complimented her orange pumps and she asked me if I was a 'crafter', I said yes and that the Easter crafts made for a great holiday and that was it! I asked the woman in line behind me to take a picture but unfortunately it didn't turn out.

So I saw Oprah at Costco a couple months ago and I got to meet Martha upclose yesterday. Pretty cool.

No comments: