Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 8, 2008

5 a.m.

I had a realization that I'm in full-blown motherhood when I was putting Clay to bed yesterday evening. I was looking at the clock thinking 'If I wait just 15 minutes more, maybe he'll sleep a little longer and I can sleep in til 5:00 am' ... What..? Sleep IN til 5:00 AM!!! For someone who could easily sleep past 9 am and sleep 10 hours at a time with no problem I am amazed at the body's capacity to adjust. Luckily Clay is doing really well at sleeping through the night but that's not the 10 pm to 8 am kind of 'sleeping through the night', it's more like 5-7 hours straight. So now I get the gift of hearing the newspaper hit the driveway and the sprinklers come on. I just have to remind myself that babies are always changing and this will too...
He fell asleep in the sling on our walk the other day...
Hanging out in the bouncy seat while I make dinner...

1 comment:

April said...

oooooh Clay is super cute here!
I can't wait to see you (and him) soon!
xoxo